For Your Health, LLC
Effective Healthcare at Affordable Rates
133 W Central St., Chippewa Falls, WI
For Your Health, LLC Now Offers Community Style Services In Northfield Wisconsin, Acupuncture on the Farm
Effective Healthcare at Affordable Rates
For Your Health now offers group treatment sessions for the community, located at T Mickelson Dairy - "Acupuncture on the Farm" - in Northfield, WI (street address is W16307 Dewey Rd, Osseo). Community Style (aka Group) Acupuncture is conducted in an open room where several patients can receive treatment at the same time. Appointments are scheduled every 15 minutes.
Most US acupuncturists treat patients on tables in individual rooms (which is available at our clinic location in Chippewa Falls). This is not traditional in Asia, where acupuncture usually occurs in a community setting. At Acupuncture on the Farm, we treat patients in comfortable stuffed chairs, recliners, portable massage chairs, or lying on a massage table. Also, with this more traditional style, we spend less time talking and rely more on tongue and pulse diagnosis to decide how we will treat you. This allows us to see more patients in an hour so that we can keep prices down.
The group setting has benefits beyond just affordability. As with any kind of intentional group endeavor, when you do something with other people it enhances the experience for everyone. It’s the same with acupuncture: receiving treatment in a room with others raises the dynamic energy of the group and healing is enhanced. It’s also nice for friends and family to be able to come in together for treatment, creating a sense of camaraderie. In many cases, patient outcomes progress better with regular and frequent acupuncture treatments - which is more affordable at the reduced community acupuncture rates.
We do require scheduling an appointment for Community Style Acupuncture. We will do our best to accommodate walk-ins, however, during busy times, we may not be able to treat you if you don't have an appointment.
What to Expect:
1. Before starting your first treatment, your acupuncturist will meet with you in a private area to discuss your concerns and go over your paperwork (please arrive 15 minutes early, or print out your forms and bring them with you). You will then be brought into the group setting for the treatment.
2. Treatments will take between 20-60 minutes depending upon what service(s) you receive. For example, if you are getting just cupping, it will take 20-30 minutes, if you're doing acupuncture, plan on 45 minutes. The first treatment takes a bit longer because we go over your paperwork and decide on a treatment plan.
2. Please wear loose comfortable clothing; we need to be able to access your elbows and knees. Tank tops and button down shirts are helpful too. It's best to arrive at your appointment when you're not "starving or stuffed". Try to be well hydrated the day of your appointment.
3. Some of our patients fall asleep and may snore; feel free to bring earplugs or headphones if you wish.
4. There are several seating choices available - you can relax in an overstuffed chair or a zero-gravity recliner, or if your acupuncturist needs to insert needles into your back to offer the most effective treatment, we do have a comfortable massage chair or a massage table available. Hospital gowns and portable room dividers are available in case you need a little more privacy.
Address: Community Style (group) Site, town of Northfield, W16307 Dewey Rd, Osseo, WI 54758
Phone: (715) 226-0896 Martha
Hours by Appt: Wednesdays 11am-6pm
Email: Click here to send a message
Directions: 10mi south of Osseo or 16mi north of Black River Falls, take Exit 98 at Northfield, go west on 121 for .6mi, take Dewey Rd north for 1.8mi, turn into driveway at T Mickelson Dairy, park in front of the round roofed garage, and enter the sunporch of the house.
Community Style Services Offered:
Currently: Wednesdays 11am-6pm
- Acu, Cupping, & E-Stim $65
- Auricular Medicine $20-35
- Korean Hand Therapy $20-35
- Initial Eval & Paperwork $15
(all services are cash only)